Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Word Up!

Do you look for a word to help you in the New Year? I know January is almost over now, but I thought I would share my word for 2013 and how it came about. After talking with a friend who instead of making resolutions for the new year, prayed for a "word" and made that her word for the year, I decided to give it a try this year. I know I've read about others doing this before, and it had always intrigued me. Would God find a word for me too? So I prayed.... I prayed for guidance and I prayed among other things that should God have a word in mind for me, He would make it appear to me.

A few times I would think I would see a word coming to me - a word like "pray" or "love", but it didn't feel like it was THE word. Praying and loving are important to me, and both are things I want to do more of this year - so that is true. Then one day right after New Year's Day, I was siting on the couch with a book and I just closed my eyes for a minute. I prayed to God, "what is the word you want me to focus on this year Lord?". Then in the depths of my mind, I could see it emerge. MOTIVATE.

Not motivation, or motivating or motivator... just motivate.

Mo*ti*vate
A verb: meaning to provide someone with a motive for doing something. Or to stimulate someone's interest in or enthusiasm for doing something.

Now what does He want me to motivate? I have a few ideas and hopefully those will be seen played out soon. I like the word! I think it will be true to my nature to motivate, but I am going to trust in the Lord to show me where to do the work.

Happy 2013! Let's motivate!

~Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment