Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sweet Melissa

My sweet girl had a birthday this month...17 years old.... (insert the Mom sigh here). I'm sure all Moms wonder this, but how on earth can that sweet baby be a junior in high school, driving a car, and be so darn smart?! I know I was just unwrapping her newly bundled blanket from her fresh new body to examine her tiny fingers and toes and talking about our dreams for her. She has dreams of her own now and only a few short years until life is on her own. I still wonder where her life will take her, but I know it will be filled with love and family. The daughter I guide, the friend I share with - my sweet Melissa.

We celebrated her with a fun dinner and a huge cookie cake - baked by her sister and myself. I love having girls who like to bake!


DSC_0198

So beautiful - today, yesterday and always. Watching her grow has been a great pleasure of my life.

DSC_0210

Giant cookie cake - our first one ever!  How to: make up your favorite chocolate chip cookie dough, spread on pizza pan lined with parchment paper, bake at 325 degrees for 18-20 min or until lightly browned. It spreads quite a bit while baking, so don't let the dough get too close to the edge. Cool and decorate!

DSC_0205

"Batman" trying to patiently wait. He even let her blow out her own candles! Being two years old must be so much fun - who else can run around all day in costumes and underwear without too many people wondering if you are crazy?!

DSC_0202

Love you my Sweet Melissa!  xoxo ~Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Add a comment